One thing we all love about the Great Pyrenees is their fluffiness. These adorable dogs are so nice to hug!
Unfortunately, all that awesome fur comes with a great responsibility. To keep it healthy, you need to be armed with the best clippers for Great Pyrenees. And such clippers don’t come cheap.
For that reason, we are going to provide you with some of the top reviews along with a buying guide that would, hopefully, help you make the right choice.
A few quick pointers to remember include:
- These dogs have a double coat
- You can always groom them at home, DIY
- They’re also prone to matting, grooming helps
With those points of our chests, it’s now time to proceed. Here are the steps you need to take to get your lovely, furry-friend the best grooming tools available.
Table of Contents
- Top-Rated Clippers for Great Pyrenees: Quick Look
- Best Clippers for Great Pyrenees – Reviews
- 1. AndisProAnimal 7-Piece EasyClip Pet Clipper Kit
- 2. Andis Detachable blade 1-Speed Professional Animal Clipper
- 3. Wahl Professional Animal U-Clip Deluxe Clipper
- 4. Wahl Lithium Ion Cordless Pro Series Clippers
- 5. Bousnic Cordless 2-Speed Pet Hair Clippers
- 6. Wahl Pet-pro Quiet Dog Grooming Clipper Kit
- 7. Sminiker Professional Cordless Low Noise Rechargeable Clippers
- About the Best Dog Clippers for Great Pyrenees
- How to Cut & Groom a Great Pyrenees
- Cutting The Dog’s Fur (How to Do It for Different Body Parts)
- Selecting the Right Hair Clipper for Your Dog
- Other Factors to Pay Attention
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Which One Is The Best?
- Final Thoughts
Top-Rated Clippers for Great Pyrenees: Quick Look
Let’s jump into it. Here’s a list that brings together 7 clippers that we happen to think are worthy of praise in one way or another.
|1||21420 EasyClip Pro-Animal 7-Piece Detachable Blade Clipper Kit by Andis||1.5 Pounds||Check Price|
|2||Professional Animal/Dog Grooming AGC by Andis||2.75 Pounds||Check Price|
|3||Professional Animal Deluxe Pet, Dog, & Cat Clipper & Grooming Kit by Wahl||1 Pounds||Check Price|
|4||Lithium Ion Pro Series Clippers Animal Cordless by Wahl||1.6 Pounds||Check Price|
|5||Dog Clippers 2-Speed Cordless Pet Hair Grooming Clippers Kit by Bousnic||1.12 Pounds (Package)||Check Price|
|6||Clipper Pet-Pro Dog Grooming Kit by Wahl||1.23 Pounds||Check Price|
|7||Rechargeable Cordless Professional Low Noise pet Clippers by Sminiker||1.3 Pounds||Check Price|
Best Clippers for Great Pyrenees – Reviews
1. AndisProAnimal 7-Piece EasyClip Pet Clipper Kit
Your endless search for the perfect grooming clippers for Great Pyrenees has finally come to an end. This AndisEasyClip kit will allow you to groom your Pyrenees pets at the convenience of your own home.
This clipper features a well-contoured shatter proof housing for easy handling and increased durability.
The rotary motor provides about 3,700 SPM. These powerful speeds drive the rust-free ceramic blade to cut through the heaviest coats evenly.
The included ceramic blade can be removed for easy cleaning and changing. Moreover, the blade retains its sharpness and remains cool through long grooming sessions.
For convenient grooming, the kit comes with a 12-feet heavy duty charging cord and 4 length guide combs of (1/2, 3/8, 1/8 and ¼)
- Great cutting performance at a lower price
- Equipped with a hard storage bag
- Only one speed
2. Andis Detachable blade 1-Speed Professional Animal Clipper
Although this Andis clipper is the most expensive in this list, it’s outstanding effectiveness will amaze you.
The clipper uses a single-speed rotary motor that delivers a blade striking speed of 2,700 SPM.
What’s more, there’ a locking switch that prevents the clipper from putting itself off accidentally.
This clipper weighs 2.75 pounds and is ideal for shaving pets of any age.
For ease of use, this clipper is equipped with a detachable blade that is compatible with many others such as CeramicEdge and OsterA5.
The blade has undergone an extra sharpening process to enable it to cut through matted and heavy coats easily.
- Includes a hard storage case
- Supported by a one-year Andis warranty
- Delivers ultimate cutting speed
- Shatter-proof body
- Comes with a heavy-duty 14’ charging cable
- Very expensive
- Relatively heavy
3. Wahl Professional Animal U-Clip Deluxe Clipper
This clipper from Wahl allows you to conveniently trim fine and medium coats in minutes! But in case of long hairs, use the provided scissors to reduce the length.
The more powerful motor delivers up to 7,200 SPM. Such high speeds enable the Deluxe clipper to shave large hair patches in a short time spun.
The clipper features a high-grade steel blade that can be adjusted from #10-15-30 for precision cutting. Additionally, the 7 different colored combs will help you get the best length for shaving.
This clipper weighs only a pound and is made in the USA.
Included in the kit are 16 tools to enable you to trim, shave and generally groom your Pyrenees pets.
- Features a high-speed motor
- Quite affordable
- Equipped with a usage DVD and book
- Adjustable blade
- Poor quality plastic combs
- Doesn’t work properly on thick coats
4. Wahl Lithium Ion Cordless Pro Series Clippers
Quality and efficiency are the secrets to why most barbers love Wahl products. This Pro Series clipper is what you need to shave all your pets no matter the type of the coats.
This clipper features a lithium-ion battery that recharges in 1 hour and powers it for close to 2 hours. Furthermore, a 15-minute fast charge gives you more than 8 minutes of cordless use.
This clipper has an average weight of 1.62 pounds and is made in the USA with premium quality durable products.
The clipper is energy conservative as it runs on only 120V.
However, the featured blade should be oiled regularly to prevent unwanted dulling.
Key features include; 4 colored length guide combs, a charger, scissors, cleaning brush, and blade oil.
- Easy to use
- Equipped with a heavy-duty lithium-ion battery
- Covered by a 5-year warranty
- Quite loud
5. Bousnic Cordless 2-Speed Pet Hair Clippers
Have you wondered why your pet is afraid of going to the salon for grooming? One of the reasons might be the noise of the machines used.
Now to fill this gap, this clipper from Bousnic runs cool and allows you to groom your pets at the luxury of your own home.
The low vibration of the clipper keeps your pet calm through the whole grooming process.
This 2-speed clipper features extremely sharp ceramic and stainless steel blades that cut through all types of furs easily for outstanding results.
The cordless clipper is equipped with a 2200mAh Lithium-ion battery. The battery can be recharged easily using the included USB cable.
Other items include; 4 attachment combs, scissors, and a bottle of oil.
- Has an LCD battery indicator
- Comes with a lifetime replacement warranty
- Clipper isn’t waterproof thus bathroom grooming is not recommended
6. Wahl Pet-pro Quiet Dog Grooming Clipper Kit
If you are looking for an all-inclusive pet grooming kit, then here you got it! This clipper not only includes all necessary items for a trouble-free grooming experience but is also affordable.
The durable high carbon stainless steel blades are resistant to corrosion. They also self-sharpen for endless snug-free cutting.
This 2 pounds clipper works great on all dog breeds, as like: Husky, Yorkie, Maltese, Golden Retriever, Shih Tzu, Terrier, Poodle, etc.
The clipper features an exceptional power drive system that provides 30% more torque to cut through thick furs with ease.
The adjustable taper lever together with the 4 multi-colored guide combs helps you get the necessary shaving lengths.
Lastly, this USA made Wahl Pet-Pro is ranked as one of the best clippers for the Great Pyrenees you can ever find on the market.
- Features a patented power drive system
- Cool running
- Self-sharpening blades
- One-year warranty
- Delivers ultimate cutting performance
7. Sminiker Professional Cordless Low Noise Rechargeable Clippers
Keeping your Pyrenees pet good looking always requires the power of a high-performance clipper. This is what the Sminiker Cordless clipper has come to do.
To keep your pet calm during the grooming process, this clipper operates at minimum noise levels of around 50 decibels.
The clipper is just 1.3 pounds and features R-shaped blades to guard against accidental chewing into the pet’s skin.
For uncompromised performance, there are 2 blades; a ceramic moving blade and an intact titanium blade.
This user-friendly clipper comes with 4 guide combs of 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm.
- Cool running motor
- Sharp premium quality blades
- Two-year warranty
- Rust-free blades
- Cordless use
- Length guide combs aren’t colored and may be difficult to differentiate
Also Read: The Best Dog Clippers for Labradoodles
About the Best Dog Clippers for Great Pyrenees
In just the same way the human hair needs regular trimming to enhance its physical appeal, dogs also need their fur to be trimmed. But the problem with them is that unlike us, they can’t speak out.
Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to get a good quality clipper. Cheap clippers for Great Pyrenees are all over the place.
All you need to do is find ones that suit the style of grooming that you’re planning for. Fortunately, we’ll provide you with a buying guide on the same, a little later.
How to Cut & Groom a Great Pyrenees
Different species of dogs have different grooming requirements. So, depending on the type of dog you own, you might always want to start by making a search for “Dog Breed Clipping Guide.”
So, if it’s a Great simply type in “Great Pyrenees Clipping Guide.” Alternatively, you can search for “How to groom/cut a Great Pyrenees using clippers.
Always take your time. You can read the different guides available or better still, watch the videos. Remember, if you’re not confident in what you’re doing, it’s always advisable to consult a professional groomer.
If this is your very first time using clippers to groom your doggie, it’s advisable to avoid completely shaving off their fur coat. Great Pyrenees dogs have two layers of fur and completely shaving it can damage it.
Besides that, you also want to always be on the lookout for knots and mats. If possible, you can invest in a de-matting comb and use it to regularly groom your pooch.
You might also want to pay focus on grooming scissors and clipper combs. These are quite important when it comes to cutting and finishing offcuts.
Cutting The Dog’s Fur (How to Do It for Different Body Parts)
Different parts of a dog’s body need to be handled with different approaches. For instance, when attending to the paws, ears, face and sanitary areas, your best bet is to use a clipper blade that’s really fine.
If you love Andis clippers, you might want to simply go for the Andis #10. It works very well for touch-ups and trimming of light cutting areas.
As for the rest of the body, you can comfortably use any broad teeth blade type. Typically, the #7 or #7FC work just well.
Be sure to refer to your blade chart to understand which blades and combs you can use to deal with different parts of a dog’s body.
Selecting the Right Hair Clipper for Your Dog
Most people only focus on the blades or combs of the clipper forgetting that the clipper itself is the most important tool around. Therefore, if you really want to get the best bang for your bucks, these are the key things to keep in mind.
- The clipper you settle for should be compatible with the blades and combs you need to trim your pooch. You might want to refer to the clipper’s description to understand everything to do with blade compatibility and so forth.
- Make sure that the clipper you choose has good speed, power, and torque. This especially matters if you’re trying to groom the Great Pyrenees with matted fur.
- Moving on from the tip above, it’s always a good idea to go for a clipper that enables you to adjust speeds. This way, you can conveniently switch settings depending on the grooming needs of your lovely pet. Remember, thick, matted fur is best groomed using high-speed clippers.
Other Factors to Pay Attention
You might want to ponder on the following factors as well before arriving at your final choice.
- The weight of the clipper
- The shape of clipper – oval vs circular
- The length of the clipper cord
- Corded vs cordless clipper designs
- The type of motor the clipper comes with brushless vs electromagnetic vs rotary
- Whether or not the clipper has technology that provides consistent power throughout the cuts
Frequently Asked Questions
Still got some burning questions regarding your dog and their grooming needs? Here are some of our responses to those.
Q: What kind of brush is best for a Great Pyrenees?
A: First off, there’s nothing like a one-size-fits-all brush or clipper. But just so you make the right decision, we’d recommend settling for a brush that’s capable of removing debris and excess hair.
The same brush should be capable of detangling mats and knots if such a need exists. Most importantly, a good brush is one that’s gentle on your pup’s skin.
Q: Can you groom a Great Pyrenees?
A: The answer is a resounding yes. However, grooming a Great Pyrenees involves a lot of work. That’s because their coats are quite thick.
Q: What brands of clippers do professional dog groomers use?
A: Professional groomers typically use Andis. Particularly Andis clippers that come with 2-speed settings and detachable blades. That said, there are also those who prefer to use Wahl and other leading brands.
Which One Is The Best?
The AndisEasyClipProAnimal Pet Clipper is, in our view, one of the best choices available. It comes with a quiet motor that ensures your pet remains comfortable. Above all, it runs cool and is good for dealing with matted fur as well.
Remember, there’s nothing like a perfect clipper for the Great Pyrenees. Therefore, you need to make good use of our buying guide against your very own unique needs. That way, you’ll be able to arrive at an informed, final choice.