Summer heat can be very unbearable and not only on humans but also dogs. This is because dogs have very few sweat glands. Therefore, every canine needs protection from hot weather.
The good news is that there are many products available to keep dogs comfortable and safe as temperatures rise. You can choose from collars, bandanas, mats, and vests. However, most dog owners prefer cooling collars because they are:
- Made with breathable and lightweight materials
- Designed to prevent heat stress
- A safe way to combat overheating
- Easy to put on and take off
But with so many dog cooling collars on the market today, finding the best one for your pooch can be overwhelming. So to help you, we compiled a list of the 10 best cooling dog collars that offer value for money.
Table of Contents
- Best Dog Cooling Collar – Comparison Table
- Top 10 Best Cooling Dog Collars:
- 1. Novel Brands K9 Chill Cooling Collar
- 2. The dog’s Right! 3x Cooling Collar
- 3. Pet Life ‘NEO BREEZE’ FLEECE Neck Wrap
- 4. CoolerDog Cooling Vest and Collar
- 5. All Four Paws The Chill Collar
- 6. Stock Show Cooling Bandana
- 7. SHITONGDA Dog Cooling Bandana
- 8. Bulltastic Cooling Pet Bandana
- 9. Delifur Instant Cooling Bandana Ice Collar
- 10. Arf Pets Cooling Collar
- Buyers’ Guide – What to Consider when Buying Cooling Collars for Dogs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Which One is the Best?
- Final Verdict
Best Dog Cooling Collar – Comparison Table
Dog collars can help keep your canine cool and happy when the temperatures soar. Below is a head-to-head comparison of some of the best collars for dogs that are worth considering.
|1||K9 Chill Dog Cooling Collar by Novel Brands||Blue||Check Price|
|2||Dog Cooling Collar by The Dog’s Right||Blue||Check Price|
|3||PET LIFE ‘NEO BREEZE’ gel Insertable and Neck Wrap by Unknown||Red||Check Price|
|4||CoolerDog Dog Cooling Vest and Cooling Collar by Unknown||–||Check Price|
|5||The Chill Collar by All Four Paws by All Four Paws||Blue||Check Price|
|6||Dog Cooling Bandana, Pet Dog Adjustable Ice Chill Out Collar by Stock Show||Blue Star||Check Price|
|7||Dog Summer Cooling Bandana, Comfortable Pet Ice Collar by SHITONGDA||Blue||Check Price|
|8||Vive La Frenchie Cooling Pet Dog Bandana by Bulltastic||–||Check Price|
|9||Cooling Bandana Pet Breathable Scarf Cats Ice Collar by Delifur||–||Check Price|
|10||Dog Cooling Collar by Arf Pets||Blue||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Cooling Dog Collars:
1. Novel Brands K9 Chill Cooling Collar
If you’re looking for a collar to keep your pooch chill no matter the temperature, this product is your best bet. It is made with a unique blend of materials that are not only breathable but also lightweight. This ensures that your canine is comfortable.
Additionally, the K9 Chill is designed to retain moisture for many hours compared to any ordinary cotton towel or sponge. All you need is to moisten the collar with cold water to help alleviate dehydration and combat overheating.
- Light in weight to reduce fatigue
- Has a built-in leash hole
- Machine washable
- Available in small/medium and large/X-large sizes
- Does not run true to size
2. The dog’s Right! 3x Cooling Collar
Featuring an innovative design, this collar is considered by many dog owners as a long-lasting solution for keeping dogs cool. It boasts a discreet Velcro-enclosed pocket inside that allows you to insert ice packs or ice cubes. You can also soak the collar in cold water for additional cooling effect.
But here is the best part; while this dog cooling bandana is only available in medium size, it can fit most canines. This is because the size is adjustable via a Velcro strap at the ends.
- Made with durable materials
- Comfortable and low-maintenance design
- Features multiple ways to offer a cooling effect
- Easy to clean after use
- Only available in medium size
3. Pet Life ‘NEO BREEZE’ FLEECE Neck Wrap
This is not your typical dog collar as it boasts a neck wrap design. It is made of an ultra-soft cloth that gently hugs your dog’s neck area for optimal comfort. The exterior, on the other hand, features a flexible neoprene material that keeps the neck cooler during the hot summer.
And you know what the best part is? The Neo-breeze comes with flexible gel packs for inserting into the neck cooler. But for the best cooling-effect, it’s recommended to place the neck wrap in the fridge or freeze. This ensures it stays cool for a prolonged period.
- Adjustable to fit different neck sizes
- Helps prevent heat stroke
- Easy to use
- Constructed from durable and comfortable fabric
- Available in a single size and color
4. CoolerDog Cooling Vest and Collar
If you’re looking for a dog cooling vest and a cooling collar, you might want to try this one by CoolerDog. Thanks to its unique design, the product is suitable for use during rigorous play, daily exercise, or hot weather conditions.
Both the collar and vest utilizes only pure frozen water to get rid of excess heat from underneath your doggy’s body. And the best part is that the product comes with two sets of FlexiFreeze ice. All you got to do is freeze the water and then place it in the vest and collar to keep your pooch cool all day long.
- Machine washable
- No harmful gels or chemicals
- Made of chew-resistant nylon and lightweight neoprene
- Can be adjusted for a snug and comfortable fit
- The ice melts very fast so you need to carry extra ice sets
5. All Four Paws The Chill Collar
Whether chilling at home, playing at the park, or going for a walk, this collar is sure to keep your pooch cool. You just need to fill it with water and then freeze it completely before use. This will help keep your canine cool for up to two hours.
Additionally, the product features a 7” neck diameter which ensures it fits most dogs. On top of that, it has a hidden buckle to help fasten the collar for a comfortable fit. And thanks to its non-rigid silicone construction, the Chill collar will definitely not lose its shape.
- Easy to maintain by simply wiping clean
- Refillable to help pets stay cool
- Fits well and comfortably around the neck
- Keeps water frozen for prolonged periods
- A little heavy when filled with ice
6. Stock Show Cooling Bandana
Made from high-quality canvas cotton material that is 100% non-toxic, this bandana is not only durable but also safe. The material is also soft and breathable to allow maximum comfort and relieve heat stress.
But here is the best part; the bandana is made with unique gel materials that feature special cooling technology. This ensures it’s able to retain its cool for many hours. You simply need to put the scarf in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
- Easy to put on and off
- Available in a bright color and cute pattern
- Hand washable and reusable
- Adjustable via an elastic cord strap
- May be too large for some dogs
7. SHITONGDA Dog Cooling Bandana
Here is yet another great cooling collar that is ideal for most dog breeds. The bandana is available in three sizes to choose from including medium, large, and extra-large. On top of that, it is fully adjustable to allow a full range of motion.
When it comes to the construction of the bandana, it is made from polyester fabric that is puncture resistant, non-toxic, and soft. As such, it is completely safe and durable. Additionally, it features a cooling gel that absorbs heat from your pooch for an optimal cooling effect.
- Made from light and breathable material
- Comfortable for your dog to wear all-day
- Cools the temperature in a short time
- Contains no chemicals
- Can get damaged if placed in the freezer compartment
8. Bulltastic Cooling Pet Bandana
Looking for a collar to keep your canine cool all day long while also giving him a classy and fashionable look? This Bulltastic bandana is a perfect choice. Featuring a one-size-fits-most design, this product is suitable for use by adult dogs and puppies.
And you know what the best part is? The bandana is made from a high-quality and light mesh fabric that provides an excellent cooling effect for many hours. You just have to soak it in water and then wring it out.
- Durable enough to withstand constant chewing and biting
- Cleans easily
- Adjustable to fit large and small canines
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Only available in one color design
9. Delifur Instant Cooling Bandana Ice Collar
Featuring a leash hole, this cooling collar is ideal for taking your pooch for mountain climbing, walks, and sports. The bandana is made from breathable and instant cooling fabric that is sure to keep your dog cool for hours.
What’s more? The fabric boasts cold-sensing technology that is designed to resist heat. You just need to put it into the freezer for at least 10 minutes before using it. Best of all, the material is does not contain any chemicals thereby making it safe.
- Available in small, medium, and large sizes
- Easy to put on
- Made with non-irritating fabric
- Offers instant cooling
- May feel a bit bulky for some dogs
10. Arf Pets Cooling Collar
This collar is sure to keep your adorable pooch cool, comfortable, and safe in the summer heat. It features an innovative self-cooling gel that helps keep your canine cool while also preventing heat stress.
Available in three sizes to choose from, the Arf Pets collar is designed to fit small to large dogs. What’s more, it comes with an adjustable Velcro closure that fastens easily to ensure it stays in place.
- Keeps your pet cool for hours
- Boasts safe and non-toxic materials
- Helps relieve heat stress
- Made from puncture-resistant and soft fabric
- Runs small in size
Buyers’ Guide – What to Consider when Buying Cooling Collars for Dogs
While there are so many dog cooling collars available to choose from, some are better than others. As such, it can be hard to know which the best are especially if you don’t know what to look out for. So, here are some of the factors to consider before picking the best outdoor cooling collar for your canine.
A key feature to consider is the construction material of the collar as it determines its durability. Generally, the best cooling bandana should be made of light and breathable materials to ensure it’s comfortable to wear all day.
Also, the fabric should be puncture-resistant so it can withstand chewing and biting. Additionally, you should consider getting a collar that is constructed from 100% non-toxic materials. This ensures it does not cause any irritation and is not dangerous if chewed.
Some of the best cooling products are made from materials like cotton, polyester, and nylon.
Another factor worth considering is the size of the cooling collar. You need to choose a size that fits your canine perfectly and comfortably. Generally, most manufacturers offer their collars in small, medium, and extra-large sizes. However, some collars only come in one size design.
Therefore, make sure to take the correct measurements of your pet’s neck before making any purchase. The good news is that most brands usually provide their own sizing charts. This makes it easy for dog owners to pick the right size.
Moving on swiftly, you need to take into account the cooling capacity and performance of the dog cooling collar. Most standard dog cooling bandanas can offer a cooling effect for up to 3 hours. However, this varies depending on temperature and humidity.
Generally, collars that utilize gel packs offer a more long-lasting cooling effect than those that work by being soaked in water.
However, we recommend you check out customer reviews of the product you intend to purchase. This will give you a good idea about how long the collar can stay cool.
Other Factors to Consider
The above are the key features to take into account before purchasing a dog cooling collar. However, there are still some other things that are worth considering including:
- Ease of cleaning the bandana
- Adjustable size
- Compatibility with other gear like a leash, harness or a cooling vest
- Comfortable for your canine to wear, walk, and run in
- Ease of putting on and taking it off
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we wrap up this review, why not go through some of the frequently asked questions about the best cooling collars? Check them out.
Q: How do dog cooling collars work?
A: Some are designed with gel packs inside while others utilize an ice pack to offer a cooling effect. Additionally, most of the collars need to be put in the freezer for as little as 20 minutes.
Q: How do I know that my pooch is overheating?
A: Some of the signs to watch out for are heavy and continuous panting, increased pulse, excessive drooling, and glazed eyes. Also, some dogs may experience seizures and even collapse.
Q: Can wetting my dog cool him down?
A: Yes, it can but temporarily. Besides, if you use a garden hose to wet him down, you will waste a lot of water. So, we advise investing in the best cooling dog collars on the market today.
Which One is the Best?
The Novel Brands K9 Chill Cooling Collar is in our opinion the overall best. Available in different sizes including small/medium and large/extra-large, the K9 Chill is designed with adult dogs and puppies in mind.
What’s more? It is comfortable, breathable, machine-washable, boasts a built-in leash hole, and is designed to retain moisture for long hours.
Dog cooling collars are definitely a great way to keep your canine safe during hot, humid conditions. They help ward off heatstroke while also providing extra cooling comfort, especially during those outdoor excursions. Besides, most of them come with a leash hole to help your pooch stay cool on the go.