Dogs are probably the loveliest of creatures. However, if you’ve got a bad shedder, it can be tiring to clean the pet hair, especially during the shedding periods.
The good news is that there are so many tools that promise to help you clean the floors effectively. On the flip side, some of these tools like normal brooms won’t get the job done precisely. So, this is where the best dust mop for dog hair comes in.
But with so many dust mop options on the market, how do you tell which is the best for your needs? In this article, we take a look at some of the best products that offer precise results, including their:
- Pros & cons
- Buying guide
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Perfect Dust Mop for Dog Hair – Comparison Table
- The Best Dust Mop for Dog Hair – Reviews
- 1. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor System
- 2. JINCLEAN 24” Industrial Floor Mop
- 3. 18” Professional Microfiber Mop
- 4. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Mop
- 5. O-Cedar Dual-Action Sweeper Dust Mop
- 6. Eyliden Dust Mop
- 7. HOMTOYOU Microfiber Floor Mop
- 8. JINCLEAN 18” Microfiber Floor Mop
- 9. VAIIGO 360-degrees Rotating Dust Mop
- 10. MATCC Dust Mop 2 PCS
- Buying Guide – How to Choose the Right Dust Mop for Dog Hair?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Top Pick
- Bottom Line
Perfect Dust Mop for Dog Hair – Comparison Table
Tired of your furry friend scattering its hair around the floor? Here is a quick comparison of some of the most versatile dust mops to help eliminate loose dirt and debris.
|1||Washable Pads Perfect Cleaner Mop Floor Cleaning System||1.2 pounds||Check Price|
|2||Dry to Attract Dirt, dust, Industrial Class Cotton Floor Dust Mop||3.75 Pounds||Check Price|
|3||Professional Reusable Washable Mop with Stainless Steel Handle||4.65 pounds||Check Price|
|4||Dual-Action Microfiber Flip Mop with Telescopic Handle by O-Cedar||1.9 Pounds||Check Price|
|5||Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop with Dual-Action||15.2 ounces||Check Price|
|6||Dust Mop, Microfiber Mops for Floor Cleaning by Eyliden||2.53 pounds||Check Price|
|7||HOMTOYOU MicrHome/Office Floor for 360 Rotation Dust Flat Mop||2.4 Pounds||Check Price|
|8||Deeper Clean Microfiber Floor Dust Mop||8 ounces||Check Price|
|9||Hardwood Floor Mop 360° Rotating Microfiber Dust Mop||3.08 pounds||Check Price|
|10||Laminate Hardwood Floor Cleaning Mode Microfiber Chenille Flip Mop||1.5 Pounds||Check Price|
The Best Dust Mop for Dog Hair – Reviews
1. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor System
For its premium features, this mop system deserves to be our top pick. To begin with, it is equipped with a large 360 degrees swivel head that cleans under any furniture. As such, it’s able to clean your dog’s hair and dirt 2x faster.
What’s more? The system comes with an extra-long and adjustable handle that is made from lightweight aluminum alloy. This makes cleaning those hard-to-reach areas easy while also minimizing hand fatigue.
More importantly, it features extra thick and premium microfiber pads with Microfiber Gripping Technology. Thanks to this unique technology, the mop can grip everything on the floor.
- Machine washable and reusable pads
- Ultra-lightweight body
- Dry and wet modes
- Easy to attach the pads to fixed Velcro
- The quality of the Velcro could be better
2. JINCLEAN 24” Industrial Floor Mop
Here is yet another high-quality dust mop for cleaning dog hair. The mop uses cotton pads rather than microfiber to clean different types of floors, including laminate, bamboo, hardwood, tile, and vinyl.
And for excellent cleaning performance, this unit boasts a 24-inch wide cleaning path. As such, you can enjoy faster dusting and cleaning with no streaks.
The best part? Included with the device is a 59-inch steel telescopic handle that boasts one-touch technology. The height of the handle can also be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Easy to attach mop pad frame
- One-touch locking system
- Mop pad can maneuver up to 180-degrees
- Strong and durable handle
- The swivel option could be a little easier to use
- A little hard to keep the handle locked in place
Read More: The Best Shock Collar for Huskies
3. 18” Professional Microfiber Mop
Tired of leftover streaks? Well, this mop uses thicker and premium microfiber pads for extra absorbency. What’s more? It boasts two types of microfiber pads that are designed to trap smaller lint and dust as well as larger debris.
As if that’s not enough, the device is equipped with a full 360-degrees swivel. As such, the mop can glide easily across the floor making cleaning into tight spaces much smoother.
Additionally, this mop comes with an adjustable stainless-steel handle for ease of use and added durability. The handle also has a comfortable foam grip for superior comfort.
- Loop for easy storage and hanging
- Swivel lock prevents side-to-side swiveling
- Durable and ergonomically made
- Comes with 3 reusable mop heads
- Lacks much scrubbing power
4. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Mop
Featuring a double-sided microfiber along with a chenille mop head, this device is perfect for cleaning most types of floors. Besides, it is best suited for either dry or wet cleaning.
The best part? It boasts ultra-dense chenille that makes dry dusting easier by attracting dirt, dog hair, and dust from the surfaces.
More importantly, the mop is equipped with microfiber scrubbing strips for safely cleaning embedded dirt. Consequently, you can enjoy twice the cleaning power.
- Adjustable telescopic handle up to 56-inches
- Machine washable and reusable pads
- Easy to maneuver into tight places and corners
- Compatible with Dry All-Surface refill
- Handle hardly locks in the extended position
- Leaves streaks on the floors
5. O-Cedar Dual-Action Sweeper Dust Mop
Here is yet another dust mop from the brand O-Cedar. With its flexible microfiber head, this unit makes cleaning dog’s hair under furniture and in tight places easy.
On top of that, the sweeper is equipped with microfiber and ultra-dense chenille technology. Thanks to this technology, the mop can pick-up dust, hair, dirt on any floor surface efficiently.
Also, worth mentioning is that the device comes with machine washable up to 50x and eco-friendly microfiber pads. And the best part is that the refills are readily available.
- Flexible head sweeps in one motion
- Easy to take the mop off and install it
- Lightweight and comfortable handle
- Releases dust easily when shaken
- The quality of the microfiber cloth could be better
6. Eyliden Dust Mop
Equipped with an adjustable handle, the length of the mop can extend up to 52.6” to meet your different needs. And the best part is that the handle is built with a sponge for a comfortable grip.
You will also be happy to know that this device comes with two replacement cleaning pads. And according to the manufacturer, the pads are water-absorbing, soft, reusable, machine washable, and durable.
What’s more, the system boasts a unique snap design that makes installing and removing the microfiber pad easy.
- Comfortable PU foam handle
- Includes a hook for hanging the mop
- Perfect for wet or dry mopping
- Mop head rotates 360-degrees
- A little bit on the heavier side
- Pole does not easily screw into the mop head
7. HOMTOYOU Microfiber Floor Mop
With this HOMTOYOU dust mop, you can easily clean all the dirt and hair in those hard-to-reach spaces. This is because it features a 360-degrees rotatable and flexible mop head that cleans in all directions.
But you know what the best part is? The device comes with 4 adjustable poles that are made from high-quality stainless steel. These poles are not only rust and corrosion-resistant but are also durable and easy to grip.
More so, the mop boasts powerful decontamination ability coupled with strong water absorption properties. This makes the unit ideal for dry or wet cleaning.
- Washable and reusable microfiber cloth
- Tough and highly absorbent pads
- Made from high-quality and durable materials
- Easy to disassemble the mop
- Screws from the handle tend to loosen up
8. JINCLEAN 18” Microfiber Floor Mop
Looking for a high-quality dust mop for dog hair? This model might just fit your budget. It features microfiber pads with thousands of tiny fibers that attract and lock in even the smallest hair particles.
On top of that, the mop dual side two actions with one side featuring a fine microfiber cloth. The other side boasts an ultra-absorbent chenille mop for excellent cleaning performance.
Similar to most products in this review, this too is equipped with a 360-degrees rotatable head frame. As such, it can reach and clean every corner of your house and from any angle.
- Easy to change pads with just one-touch
- Lightweight aluminum telescopic handle
- Easy to maneuver up to 180-degrees
- Machine washable pads
- Handle easily unscrews itself from the head
- Its durability leaves a lot to be desired
9. VAIIGO 360-degrees Rotating Dust Mop
This is yet another excellent mop that is designed to clean dust and dog hair. For best mopping results, it uses a soft microfiber cleaning cloth with super-clean ability.
And you know what the best part is? The mop is equipped with a 360-degree rotating head that makes cleaning high or hard-to-reach corners effortless.
As if that’s not enough, this system is made from durable materials, including high-grade ABS plastic and an aluminum frame. The handle, on the other hand, is constructed from stainless steel to ensure long-lasting performance.
- Easy to adjust the handle
- Uses premium and triple absorbent microfiber
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Machine washable and reusable microfiber cloth
- Easily flips over making the cleaning process tiring
10. MATCC Dust Mop 2 PCS
The MATCC Dust Mop works well with dog hair because of its dual-action design. You see, the device boasts a super-absorbent chenille side for sweeping and a microfiber side for deeper cleaning.
What’s more? The unit is equipped with a detachable handle that extends up to 49-inches. This feature combined with the mop’s 360-degrees flexible head makes cleaning every corner of the house easy.
The best part? It comes with durable and rust-resistant stainless-steel rods that are removable for different lengths needs and easy storage.
- Non-slip ergonomic handle
- Sturdy Velcro design
- Includes two-pack mop refills and a chenille mop
- Machine washable microfiber pads
- Handle does not extend long enough
- Velcro may not hold the pads properly as it gets older
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Right Dust Mop for Dog Hair?
You might think that all dust mops are created equal. However, this is not entirely true. So, below we’re going to discuss the things to consider when it comes to choosing the mop.
Most of the dust mop for cleaning pet hair comes with microfiber cleaning pads. However, there are also those that are made with cotton pads.
But generally, the best dust mops are the ones that are made from thick microfiber cloth. This is because microfiber is designed to trap and collect hairs, dirt, and dust.
It’s also important that you consider if the cleaning pads are reusable or disposable. Usually, mops with machine washable and reusable pads are the best as they are eco-friendly and more cost-effective.
Another thing to consider is the handle of the device. Generally, a long handle is important as it provides support when cleaning while ensuring you can access the tightest of corners.
Also, you must choose a mop with an adjustable handle. This is just in case the device has to be used by different people at home.
More importantly, the handle should be able to offer you a good and comfortable grip when working.
Mop Head Size
The right mop head size largely depends on the size of your house. This is because the size of the mop head determines the surface you can cover when mopping.
So, if you have a bigger house, you may need to choose a device with a wide headed base. However, if you’ve got a smaller house, a mop with a narrow base will be good.
The Velcro is used to attach the cleaning pad to the mop head. For this reason, you must choose a product with a sturdy and durable Velcro. This will help ensure it’s able to hold the pad tightly on the mop head.
Also, you should consider choosing a device with flexible Velcro for ease of removing and attaching the cleaning pad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know how to choose the best dog hair dust mop, let’s check out the frequently asked questions.
Q: What picks up dog hair the best?
A: A dust mop made with a microfiber cloth is the best tool for cleaning up dog hair. Unlike other brooms that push aside the hair, dust broom attracts the furs, dust, and dirt.
Q: How often should I replace my mop’s microfiber cloths?
A: Most brands recommend replacing them between 3 and 6 months depending on how frequently you use the pads.
Q: Can dust mops be used with cleaning solutions?
A: Yes, but only when using the wet cleaning pads. Simply use the dry pad to pick off the dog hairs and then use the wet pads with the cleaning solution.
Our Top Pick
Overall, the Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor System is the best dust mop for dog hair. It can clean any floor type and comes with machine-washable premium microfiber pads. On top of that, it’s lightweight and the mop head is designed to rotate 360-degrees for ease of cleaning.
A dust mop is great for picking up everything, including pet hair and dust. More so, it provides better cleaning compared to other brooms or mops. This makes it easy for you to maintain a super clean home. However, you must invest in the best dust mop for best results.