If you are like most dog owners, you probably wish you had more time to spend with your pooch, but our busy lifestyles do not always allow for that.
Regardless of that, your dog needs adequate time outside the house for their wellbeing and that is where the best outdoor dog chains come in.
This is what we are going to be discussing today so keep it here for more.
Table of Contents
- Top-Rated Dog Chains for Outdoors: Comparison List
- Best Outdoor Dog Chains
- 1. BV Pet XXL Super Heavy 25 Feet Tie Out Cable
- 2. Aspen Pet Easyturn Stake Petmate Dog Tie Out
- 3. Pet Champion Dog Tie Out Reflective Cable
- 4. Four Paws Cable Trolley Dog Exerciser
- 5. SUREswivel Pet Tie-Out 360 degree Swivelling
- 6. SportDOG Orange Check Cord
- 7. Intellileash Dog Intelli-Stayk Tie Out
- 8. AmazonBasics Cable Tie-Out for Dogs
- 9. BV Extra Large Pet Heavy Tie Out Cable
- 10. Petest Dog Tie-Out Reflective Cable
- Buying Guide for Outdoor Dog Chains
- Frequently Asked Questions about Outdoor Dog Chains
- Best Choice Overall
- Final Thoughts
Top-Rated Dog Chains for Outdoors: Comparison List
Before we get started, we’d like to share a shorter and precise list with you. It contains some quick highlights of each one of the 10 products covered in this article.
|1||Pet Tie Out Cable for Dogs 25/30 Feet by BV||1.81 Pounds||Check Price|
|2||Easyturn Stake with Cable Corkscrew Dog Tie Out Domed Handle Holds by Petmate||2.16 Pounds||Check Price|
|3||Toy Reflective Tie Out Cable for Dogs by Pet Champion||1.3 Pounds||Check Price|
|4||Heavy Weight Trolley Exerciser by Pet Four Paws||1.2 Pounds||Check Price|
|5||360 degree Swiveling Pet Tie-Out, Made in the USA by SUREswivel||1 pounds||Check Price|
|6||30 Feet Cord Strong but Lightweight Training Tool by SportDOG Brand||11.2 Ounces||Check Price|
|7||Intelli-Stayk Dog Tie-Out Stake with Special Surface by Intellileash Products||1.3 Pounds||Check Price|
|8||Tie-Out Cable for Dogs by Amazon Basics||1.36 Pounds||Check Price|
|9||Pet Tie Out Cable for Dogs Up 25/30 Feet by BV||1.2 Pounds||Check Price|
|10||Reflective Tie-Out Cable for Dogs by Petest||1.43 Pounds (Package)||Check Price|
Best Outdoor Dog Chains
1. BV Pet XXL Super Heavy 25 Feet Tie Out Cable
This strong and durable cable allows you to keep your loved dog in a selected area as it can be tied easily to a post or tree.
Additionally, this 25-feet and 1.8 pounds lightweight cable is toughly constructed to handle dogs weighing up 250 lbs.
The cable features an all-steel cable reinforced with an anti-rusty long-lasting vinyl cover and steel clips for easier flexibility.
- 360 degrees rotating clip
- Made from durable steel
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- Some aggressive dogs will still chew through the vinyl cable
2. Aspen Pet Easyturn Stake Petmate Dog Tie Out
Aspen Pet is a renowned producer of the best outdoor dog chains you can put trust in.
This Petmate dog tie-out is corkscrew designed and features dual-wedge plates to make a strong anchor that will sustain the pulling.
The stake is constructed from strong double-welded steel whereas the cable is made from galvanized steel then coated with vinyl to enhance durability.
Lastly, the 360-degree enabled swivel ring and the tie-out cable avoids tangles hence enabling your dog to roam freely.
- Supports dogs weighing to 100 pounds
- Easy to install
- Comes in a variety of sizes and styles
- Dome-shaped handles for increased safety
- The length isn’t adjustable
3. Pet Champion Dog Tie Out Reflective Cable
Give your dog more flexibility with this 30-feet extra-long and strong tie-out cable.
What’s more, the 1.37-pound cable’s strength has been tested to hold out dogs of up to 125 lbs. The swivel and the cable are made from 100% pure heavy-duty steel for enhanced durability.
The vinyl reflective cover protects the cable from corrosion and rain when used outdoors.
- Vinyl and crimp cover guards the cable against rust or weakening
- Quite long for the dog to easily maneuver
- Durable steel construction
- The clips tend to rust if exposed to cold weather often
4. Four Paws Cable Trolley Dog Exerciser
Do not just leave your dog cooped up in the house or in its kennel, Four Paws has an alternative for you.
This 2.75 pounds heavyweight cable can be attached to your dog leash to easily enable it to exercise in the backyard or park.
The cable is 50 feet long although also obtainable as 100 feet or 75 feet. Moreover, the chain features a 10-foot pulley lead for stress-free adjustability and can support dogs weighing over 50 lbs.
- Has clamps for easy adjusting
- Helps keep dogs in one place
- Plastic pulley wheel won’t hold up for long
5. SUREswivel Pet Tie-Out 360 degree Swivelling
If you are looking for the best dog tie out, then this SUREswivel is the real thing!
The tie out embraces the innovative 360 degree swiveling that permits you to fasten multiple pets at once.
In fact, when anchored in a stable ground with the included 6 spiral stakes, the tether can support both small and large animals weighing up to 100 lbs!
- Handles heavy dogs
- Provides all-around tangle-free swiveling
- Made with durable materials
- Very expensive
- Mounting hardware like a claw hammer is not included
6. SportDOG Orange Check Cord
Easily take out your pets for training and exercising using this lightweight 1.05 pounds SportDOG check cord.
Although the cord doesn’t have a handle that comes in handy for leash walking, it is durably built with a small heavy-duty brass clip to give you ultimate control.
The cord’s blaze orange color makes it more visible despite the background while the high buoyancy allows for successful water training.
- Coils easily for storage
- Highly visible
- Weather resistant
- 30-feet long cord for increased convenience
- No handle and may proof uncomfortable on your wrist at first
7. Intellileash Dog Intelli-Stayk Tie Out
Keeping the quite strong dogs in a designated place can be challenging. That’s why Intellileash came up with this stainless steel durable stayk with a plastic cover.
The cover is orange colored for you to easily identify the tie out. Furthermore, this one-sized stake is suitable for dogs of all sizes and inhibits their ability to break, bend or pull it out.
This stake will stay firmly in the ground and has a ring adaptor usable with leashes having smaller clasps.
- Surface lock secures the stake to the ground
- Doesn’t come with the cable
- Some very strong and aggressive dog will still pull out the stayk
8. AmazonBasics Cable Tie-Out for Dogs
Conveniently hang out in the park, camps or backyard with your dog using this hands-free easy to set up cable.
The tie-out can be fastened to a tree, metal stake or pole. Importantly, the bright blue color makes the cable visible on grass or any other background.
This 25-feet long tie out supports medium or small-sized dogs weighing up to 60 lbs.
Finally, the cable weighs only 0.6 pounds, is made from rugged steel and features a strong PVC cover for extra protection.
- Easy to carry and set up
- Durably built
- Has sturdy metal clips for fast connections
- Doesn’t support extremely heavy dogs
9. BV Extra Large Pet Heavy Tie Out Cable
This 30 feet long chain will offer your dog freedom to move around and at the same time keep it closer to you.
The cable weighs 1.2 pounds and can support dogs whose weight won’t exceed 125 pounds.
Notably, the cable and all the clips are made from quality tested steel. To add to this, the reflective red vinyl cover prevents the cable from rusting.
- Vinyl cover provides safety and increases visibility
- Covered by a 1-year warranty
- Long-lasting steel construction
- Gives dog ultimate flexibility
- The clips rust away if left in the rain
10. Petest Dog Tie-Out Reflective Cable
This Petest cable is used widely by many pet owners as one of the best dog tie out snake because of its durable steel construction.
The silver-colored chain is covered with a rust-free highly reflective cover that makes it easy to locate even at night.
Also included are crimp covers to prevent the weakening of the cable ends normally caused by rain and rust.
To summarize, the chain is 30-feet long and can support dogs weighing up to 125 lbs.
- Enables a 360-degree rotation for tangle-free use
- Has metal clasps for easy fastening
- Doesn’t come with the stake
Buying Guide for Outdoor Dog Chains
A good dog tie out cable or outdoor chain should be able to allow your pooch to release their pent up energy without constant supervision.
Nevertheless, you have to consider a few pertinent features if you want to get your hands on the best one.
Your Dog’s Weight
The length of the chain you intend to buy should directly correspond to the weight of your pooch. Most outdoor dog chains are rated and tested in accordance with dog’s weight.
As such, you want to ensure that the chain’s length and durability will suit your dog’s physique and breed.
What is the climatic condition of where you live? The weather plays a huge role in determining the lifespan of any outdoor gear and your dog tie out system is no exception.
For instance, cold weather can significantly decrease the longevity of your chains so look for one that can endure harsh weather conditions.
Keep Tangling in Mind
As long as your chain or cable is long, it can knot or tangle. With that in mind, you want to get a cable that is reinforced with sturdy material such as rubber to reduce the chances of tangling or knotting.
Dogs are naturally playful and in the process of doing that, they can put their safety at risk by tangling their chains around their neck.
The visibility of your outdoor chain is of great importance. Whether you are supervising your pooch from across the yard or from your kitchen window, you want the chain to be the first thing you see when you look up.
For this reason, you want to get a chain that is brightly colored or made from reflective material.
Frequently Asked Questions about Outdoor Dog Chains
Perhaps you have a question or two on this topic that you need answered. We have addressed a few below that can be helpful.
Is it okay to chain my dog outside?
Yes, it is. However, you should have an escape-free and safe mechanism for keeping them outside. A good outdoor cable will keep your dog where you can see them and allow them to express themselves naturally at the same time.
What is the best outdoor chain for my dog?
There is no right answer to that question because there are many awesome options in the market. Nevertheless, a good chain should be durable, visible, and be able to withstand harsh weather among other things.
Best Choice Overall
If we were to pick just one outdoor dog chain, we’d go for the BV Pet XXL. It can withstand the impact of hard-pulling dogs. Most importantly, it is quite well-made, durable and easy to use.
Your dog needs to be able to enjoy the outside environment even when you are absent. We know you are afraid of losing them or having them injured whenever you leave them outside unsupervised.
We have talked about outdoor dog chains and you should now be able to pick the right one and watch your pooch thrive.